Friday, October 9, 2015

Greetings from Maine!

It is beautiful country in Maine. I am amazed by the warm response Solar Roast Coffee has received in the Northern Most (lower 48) state. The people are so very friendly. Dave and I flew into Boston and drove north to start the first leg of the 7 day New England campaign. On the first day we visited 
Portland and ate their famous potato doughnuts. I was refused service at a lame coffee house for wanting a 3oz pull of espresso and found myself wandering looking for another cafe to serve me coffee. Luckily I found some before the world ended. 
I had a beautiful drive up to Porter Maine and visited John at Good Health grocery. This is the most awesome little shop. Small town, great soup and the friendliest owner. 

Last night I had some amazing seafood for dinner. The scallops are the best I've ever had! The Lopster Trap was fantastic. This morning I am enjoying some delicious toast at an aptly named Toast'in Waterville, ME. Next stop is Uncle Deans good groceries for the first demo in New England. I'm excited by this journey and the friendly folks up here. You know we really are one big family, America. Sometimes I think we forget that. Especially in election year(s). 

No comments:

Post a Comment